I can't believe Trey is 9! He was soooo anxious for his birthday to arrive because he wanted to trade in his DS for a DSi. I wasn't especially excited for that because I just don't see the need for a video game that he can get on the internet with, but he couldn't be swayed and had everything figured out how he was going to pay for the difference, when he was going to get it, etc.
Trey had 2 of his friends spend the night Friday and then when they left Saturday morning he was off to Game Stop with his Dad to get his DSi. I have to say, it actually is really cool and he isn't into the internet so much as the camera and the way you can morph the pictures and add bunny ears or a funny nose to the picture. He also loves the video part of it and making flip video shows. After they returned from the mall we headed north to Altoona, Pa to Slinky Action Zone. Did you know that Altoona, Pa is where the slinky was invented?? Well now you know! They have a huge indoor playground that is sort of like a huge hamster cage for kids. They loved it. We finished the day with dinner at Chilis, yum!
In honor of Treys 9th birthday, I wanted to list 9 things we love about Trey...
1. He loves the gospel and knows more than I do.
2. He is very protective of his brother and sister.
3. He gets obsessed over things and will focus on that thing and nothing else. Right now he is into Japanese Anamation called Naruto.
4. He is a great friend and at his young age, really cares about his friends and is protective of them too.
5. He is so trusting of his Mom and Dad
6. He is willing to share the gospel with his friends and family and is not embarassed.
7. He is so comfortable in his own skin, a true leader.
8. He loves to draw and is really amazing at it for a 9 year old. I will have to post some of his pictures later.
9. We love him because he is our son!