Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our Summer Trip to Utah 2010

So I know you all have been on pins and needles, checking religiously everyday and longing for the day that I would blog again...So without further adieu(is that spelled right??)

Our laptop broke on the 17th of June. Apparently the screen cracked from the inside from opening and closing it so much. Since we were leaving for the whole month of July, we decided to not fix it until we returned. We left for Utah on Saturday, July 3rd. We were going to visit family, but mostly to throw my parents a surprise 40th wedding anniversary party. My siblings and I have been planning this for almost a year! Of course I left my camera at home, so I will have to copy pictures from my neice Katie who took some great ones.


This was the morning we left for the airport. I decided to dress my kids alike and in bright colors so I could find them easily in a crowd and also be able to tell someone what they were wearing if they got lost. Luckily, there was no need for any of that!

This was all of us watching a 'surprise' video message that my brother John sent. He is on a mormon mission in Northern Virginia and couldn't be with us. It was awesome to see him and I think this was probably my parents favorite part of the night!

This is a great picture of my mom and dad with their longtime friend, Barbara Sherman.


I love this tender moment of Megan and Mom!

This was the food table that was situated in the middle of the room. My parents and I have lived all around the world since my dad was in the Air Force and we thought it would be fun to have food from all the different places they have lived. For Ethiopia we did hummus and pita bread. It turned out so unique and cute!

These were the cupcakes that my wonderful Sister-in-law Sarina and my sister Megan made. Aren't they pretty?

Megan and Ben Passey


Aunt Valerey and Mickaela


This is a great picture of my dad and nephew Tafton. He was blowing bubbles in grandpas face!


We went to the park one day and Leah loves to swing!

We went to a small zoo in Logan, Utah. It was nice and shady and I love this picture of my family.


Chase at the zoo.

Emma posing in Grams yard.

Chase and Tafton would often be found tinkering on the piano together, so cute!

We had such a great trip and I really want to thank my sister Megan for planning alot of the fun things that we did. You are so awesome! We did the usual Temple Square and took the kids to the planetarium in SLC, went to the splash pad in South Ogden several times, stayed up way to too late playing card games and talking, gave each other pedicures, saw lots of fireworks and just enjoyed being with family. We were all so happy to be home. 3 weeks is a long time to be gone from home, but I am glad we made the trip nevertheless.

No comments: